RENTAL RATES AND GUIDELINES
|Rental is based on an eight hour time frame allowing for a five hour event, two hours for set up and one hour for breakdown.
Mansion capacity is 70 for formal sit-down dinners, Stations or Buffet. For larger parties, we suggest combining the Mansion and the use of a tent on one of our lawns. Cocktail Hour may be inside the Mansion or outside, on our beautiful veranda.
WEDDING DEPOSIT AND PAYMENTS
A deposit of one-half of the full rental fee must accompany a signed contract to reserve the Daniel Webster Mansion on a definite basis.
The balance of the rental fee is due sixty (60) days prior to your event.
A Security Deposit will be kept on file and returned after the event provided. Please call for hourly rates as security deposit will be proportionate to fees.
1. All regulations for use of the house have been observed.
2. The 8 hour time agreement has not been exceeded.
3. There has been no damage to the Daniel Webster Mansion or grounds.
SMALL EVENTS DEPOSIT AND PAYMENTS
A deposit of $50 to hold the rate. Full payment is expected at the end of the event.
Checks should be made payable to the Daniel Webster Preservation Trust.
Notification of cancellation of a definite reservation is required in writing to the Daniel Webster Preservation Trust. Should The Trust re-book the date with a comparable rental, The Trust will refund one-half of the deposit paid.
One week prior to your event, please call our Function Manager, Carol, at 781-834-7818 to verify all final details.
- Amplification equipment is permitted for music and must be kept at an acceptable level. Music must cease promptly at 10 P.M. The event is to be over by 10:30 P.M.
At least one Police Officer must be present at all functions of 100 people or more. Arrangements for a Police Detail is the responsibility of the Client.
The Marshfield Police telephone number is 781-834-6655.
The use of candles is not permitted within the mansion, due to the antique nature of the house. We suggest using the popular battery operated votives.
There is no smoking within the Mansion. Containers will be provided for smoking outdoors.
Fireplaces may not be lighted due to the antique nature of the Mansion.
- Decorations may be placed on tables and mantles, but, not attached to walls, woodwork, furniture or light fixtures. Staples and nails may not be used within the Mansion.
- The throwing of rice, confetti, birdseed or flower petals is prohibited.
- Alterations to the interior, exterior or grounds is prohibited.
- The Webster Estate allows open bars and cash bars. Kegs are excluded.
- Liquor deliveries must be made on the day prior to or the day of the event.
- Deliveries must be clearly marked with the client’s name
- Liquor deliveries must be coordinated between the Function Manager and the liquor supplier.
- The Webster Estate is not responsible for liquor that is delivered at a time not agreed upon with the Function Manager.
- All alcoholic beverages must be served by an insured and TIPS certified bartender.
- Caterers or Rental Parties must provide a bartender to serve alcohol. The bar is not to be unattended at any time.
- No one under the age of 21 may be served alcohol or consume alcohol on the premises.
- All alcoholic beverages must be removed from the bar one half hour prior to the end of the event. Non-alcoholic beverages may continue to be served.
- Unused, open liquor will only be given to a previously designated person, but, cannot be removed from the premises the same day as the event unless removed by the catering service or Rental Party.